1. FOREST HANDLING PROJECT
The area is used as a biological corridor by native species as set out in study; there are also stands with own individuals águanos to manage seeds, palm trees and trees with no forest production according to research, they may potentiate as economic activities within the framework of sustainable management of natural resources.
Manage, protect, conserve, restore, enhance and maintain the biodiversity of the Amaru Mayu Ecological Conservation Volunteer Reserve, as well as biotic and commercial value of the forest area, directly and indirectly to the residents of the adjoining areas, visitors and participants benefiting at different levels and categories of involvement.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE SUB PROJECT
- Recover native species and natural habitats for wildlife and landscape beautification.
- Propose a model of sustainable forest management through analogy forestry and organic agriculture
- Generate a pleasant microclimate and environmental balance stability conducting reforestation with native species in vulnerable area.
- Improve income through the sale of certified products and other activities.
- Establish an academic unit for the training of professionals in Forest Natural Resources and related sciences which will house the community and students in the region.
- To protect and preserve soils, water sources and threatened species.
- Get financial resources and benefits for nature conservation, as producers of eco-systemic services substantially to the project self-sustaining funding
2. REFUGE OF WILDLIFE PROJECT
To contribute to the protection and conservation of threatened species and in danger of extinction, into the area has identified species if birds, countless insect, reptile species and mammals including, Tapirus terrestris (Tapir), Nasua nasua (Coatis), Cuniculus paca (Pacas), Eira
Barbara (tayras), Chiroptera (bats), Cebus Capucinus (Capuchin monkey), Lagothrix lagotricha (woolly monkey), Ateles paniscus (spider monkey), parrots, Ara Macaws (macaws), Rupicola peruviana (Cock of the Rocks), occasionally Panthera onca (jaguars), Puma concolor (pumas) and many other mammals species from the area.
Create a Rescue Center of Wildlife in the Amaru Mayu voluntary conservation reserve where a shelter is offered to the rescued wild animals and abandoned where they will receive proper care, treatment, protection and management to return to their natural habitat contributing the conservation and protection of threatened and endangered species.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE REFUGE
- Provide a natural refuge with environmental quality and adequate monitoring for animals arriving at the shelter.
- Conduct research related to the Amazon wildlife in its natural state, in captivity and semi captivity in rescue centers.
- Serve as academic training and practice in the management of wild species.
- To receive and care for endangered species that the competent authorities confiscated and later return them to their natural environment.
- Implement and diversify tourist attractions in the area
3. GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONSCIOUSNESS PROJECT
The Global Environmental Awareness, the Messenger program addresses the educational opportunities so that they should ensure that no visitor leaves the project without having learned something of environmental awareness and conservation.
In this sense, it provides for the implementation of educational workshops and raising awareness on how to be rational critical consumer, merchant and solidarity environmentally committed and conservation issues and sustainable development.
Schools Atalaya, Gamitana and native communities of Santa Rosa de Huacaria and Keros, which has been developing awareness activities on the environment, dedicated to the students of Pronoei and primary level by teachers with the support of project volunteers.
Encourage children and their schools to formulate values of solidarity, preservation and care of the environment for the development of cultural campaigns to achieve a change of attitude that allows environmental balance and a better quality of life.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONSCIOUSNESS PROJECT
- Support and emphasize the development of environmental education content at all levels of education.
- Open spaces for dialogue, reflection and awareness on specific topics of interest to improve the quality of life.
- Promote the participation of the general population, in order to develop a leading role in solving environmental conflicts of the town, the region and the world.
- To promote recycling campaigns, solid waste management and reforestation.
- Raise awareness of the rights of the environment and our relationship with nature
- Educate consumers on the quality of critical, rational and solidarity merchant consumer.
4. WATER HANDLING PROJECT WATERCULTURE AND FISHCULTURE
To recover the surface level of the “water mirror of Cocha” which will be of vital importance as a meeting place for wildlife, being by its primitive features a fit and proper space proposed by the recollection and increased biodiversity and a relevant tourist attraction that could be defined as an alternative destination for touristic area of Manu Park.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Increase the production of edible aquatic organisms in natural and artificial bodies of water in lakes, rivers, large and small reservoirs through the establishment of fisheries and aquaculture projects in them.
- Promote the practice of aquaculture in the entire area of the Manu Biosphere Reserve by monitoring to vocational and professional level.
- Create and maintain spaces that generate recollection of biodiversity
5. ECOTOURISM PROJECT
“Tourism, as if the environment and people mattered”
also defined as that form of environmentally and responsible tourism that consistent in visiting natural areas, landscapes (flora and fauna), as well as cultural manifestation through a process that promotes conservation with less environmental impact and empowerment of involvement more active economic partner of local people as direct and indirect beneficiaries of the proposal.
The level of biodiversity of the Amazon region is one of the highest in the world, the forest is easily accessible and wildlife is abundant. There is a vast amount of beautiful jungle to be appreciated by the visitor, all this makes this amazing and attractive place for tourists; the protection of the Amazon rainforest in eastern Peru is a basic and priority investment and can ensure alternative income for many years because the other world’s forests are being rapidly reduced in size, the value of the Amazon is like a precious object and that value will increase over time.
Create tourist destination relevance in the buffer zone of the Manu National Park, as an alternative destination to the area for tourist use.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Provide quality service to the public visiting the Conservation Area through the different activities that the program to ensure the satisfaction of those who visit.
- Be the exemplary instrument facilitator to surrounding communities develop ecotourism activities.
- Increase biological literacy and protection of cultural resources, by encouraging visitors learning and knowledge about these resources and encouraging respect and appreciation for nature and our culture alive.
- Create, highlight and enhance greater highlight attractions in the area for tourism operations system inside and outside the protected area of the project.
MISSION OF ECOTOURISM PROJECT ORIENTED TO NATURE
Ecotourism Program justifies its existence in the conservation area by the value it represents for the same as the ecotourism, whether national or international, usually becomes a champion of wilderness areas you have visited.
The more rewarding is the visit of tourist echo, so will the support, which may be by his electoral vote for legislators and politicians in general that can support the Conservation Area through their public opinion, or through direct payment for services rendered.
To achieve this purpose the ecotourism program, it is proposed to maintain and improve tourism capacity, through a zonification of resources by the type of interest that may arise, taking into account the ecological wealth and geological attractions, scenic, recreational and historical, since for tourist activity development in any tourist area, there must be several basic components: tourism resources, (destinations and attractions quality and diversity) services, facilities and visitors.